This is an external opportunity added by one of our partners
Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Swansea Greenpeace Group - Local Media Co-ordinator
Do you enjoy creative writing? Have you got an eye for a striking photo? Would you like to get involved in campaigning on global issues in your local area?
Then Greenpeace Swansea Local Group’s Local Media Co-ordinator role could be right up your street!
About Swansea Greenpeace Local Group:
Swansea Local Group provides a public face to Greenpeace campaigns in this area and brings expertise and energy that are vital to Greenpeace’s successes as a campaigning organisation.
About the role:
Local Media Co-ordinators get local press coverage of group campaigns and activities. This involves sending out press releases, writing letters to the Editor of a paper, taking photos, and building relationships with journalists.
Getting local press coverage means that more people read about our campaigns and know that there’s a local Greenpeace group near them. It also allows us to reach MPs and other decision-makers. Having content written by local people, for local people is so much more relevant and inspiring than anything written by a central press team!
You’ll be part of a Network of Local Media Co-ordinators all across the UK, and supported by a member of staff at Greenpeace.
You’ll usually be asked to do one or two things a month, which will probably take around 4 - 6 hours per month.
Please note this is an unpaid volunteer role.
Training on working with the media
Travel and other reasonable expenses covered
- Interested in global campaigning, such as on climate change, plastics, air pollution, deforestation
- Friendly and confident engaging with members of the public
- Happy to get involved with the Swansea Local Group
- An excellent written communicator
- Able to take a good photo
- You don’t have to be really knowledgeable about the media, or a trained journalist - we provide training and support
- Internet and computer savvy, and have reliable internet access
- Ideally available for at least one year, but we understand that circumstances can change, and we want to make the role work for you
- Local to Swansea
You must be over 10 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted Accessible
Open from Friday 31st May 2019 to Sunday 31st May 2020
Closing on Friday 31st May 2019 in 36 days.