This is an external opportunity added by one of our partners
Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
PPA Sports Coach Volunteer
The PPA programme focuses specifically on supporting the delivery of PE and School Sport and links directly to the national curriculum.
The PPA programme delivers a range of quality services from school PPA cover and extra-curricular sessions (including breakfast, lunch time and after-school clubs) as well as bespoke programmes such as health days, sports days, holiday clubs, school fairs and numeracy, literacy and ICT projects.
The PPA programme delivers a whole range of sports and physical activities designed to engage all learners to improve their health, fitness and wellbeing. These include the 8 Dragon Sports of athletics, cricket, football, golf, hockey, netball, rugby and tennis as well as dodgeball, basketball, handball, rounders, badminton and gymnastics.
We are looking for volunteers to support this programme in Primary Schools across Flintshire.
Uniform, Training, Recognition and potentially lead to paid work
- 16 years old and over
- Conscientious, reliable and honest
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide appropriate leadership delegation and feedback to assistant coaches and volunteers
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and enthuse young people, coaches and volunteers
- Ability to manage a group effectively and safely
You must be over 16 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted Accessible
Open from Monday 29th April 2019 to Friday 19th July 2019