This is an external opportunity added by one of our partners
Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Calan DVS Neath Refuge Volunteer
The types of activity that volunteers can be involved in is set out below:
-Direct work with adults and young people/children on issues that are set out in the Individual Support Plan. Help with practical issues relating to the upkeep of the refuge and liaison with the landlord.
-Promotional work with stakeholders and local organisations.
-General administration such as filing, keeping statistics, financial issues etc.
Your function will be to supplement the service. Any tasks they carry out with/for service users will always be co-ordinated by the Senior Support Worker.
*Volunteers will not be involved in the on-call service*
If you wish to have an informal discussion about the role or if you have any questions, in the first instance please email – email@example.com who will arrange this for you.
17 Victoria Gardens, Neath, SA11 3AY, SA11
- Every volunteer will undergo an induction programme.
- Each volunteer will have a link worker, who will be another member of the Organisation, who will act as a support to them in their time with the Organisation.
- Access to training opportunities.
- Support sessions in order to give you the opportunity to discuss your work.
- Volunteers will receive the same expenses as those set out for paid members of staff.
- To be able to adhere to the organisation's values, aims and objectives, rules, procedures and standards.
- To be involved in the service as requested by staff.
- To be willing to raise any issues and problems with your link worker.
- To be able to develop an awareness and understanding of domestic abuse and to take advantages of opportunities to extend your skills and knowledge.
- To maintain the confidentiality of matters pertaining to the business of our organisation and the individuals business of the men, women and children who use the service.
- To be able to meet time commitments as agreed with the link worker and to review and alter these should it become necessary.
Take exit 43 from M4 - Take A465 to Windsor Rd/B4434 in Neath - Continue on Windsor Rd/B4434. Drive to Victoria Gardens
You must be over 18 years old
Open from Wednesday 1st August 2018 to Friday 21st December 2018
Closing on Friday 31st August 2018 in 41 days.